BACE-NMC hosts educational workshops which are open to the community, several times a year. CEUs can be earned at most workshops. Sign up for our workshop email list.
Stay tuned for updates on upcoming BACE education and training workshops for perinatal health workers: birth and postpartum doulas, childbirth educators, community health workers, home visitors, breastfeeding counselors, and more!
• Tools and techniques for inspiring mothers to trust their instinct as they venture into motherhood
• Understanding when medications and interventions are necessary during labor and birth and recent updates on evidence-based research
• Teaching and supporting couples to stay strong as they transition into parenthood
• Teaching breastfeeding basics and community resources as part of a childbirth education course or home-visit
• When domestic violence impacts a family during the childbearing year
• Helping women find their way out of postpartum depression
Past workshops have included:Alternative Medicine And Complementary Treatments During The Childbearing Year Effective Guidance For Breastfeeding MothersAn Infant In The Special Care Nursery Or NICU: Supporting The Parents The Basics Of Breastfeeding Advanced Childbirth Education Workshop (focused On Cesarean & VBAC)